One of my go-to desserts to make is a crumble. It is easy, versatile, delicious and pairs well with ice cream. This Blueberry Lemon version is a perfect balance of tart and sweet with crunchy, buttery oats baked right in.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
1 package of blueberries, washed
¼ cup lemon juice
1/3 cup granulated sugar
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 cup of oats
½ of brown sugar
½ cup of blanched, chopped almonds
5 tablespoons of butter
1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Oil up a baking dish using the canola oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the blueberries, granulated sugar, ¼ cup of the all-purpose flour, ¼ cup of the brown sugar, the lemon juice, lemon zest, and the vanilla. Mix well.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, mix in the oats, almonds, the rest ¼ cup of flour, the rest ¼ cup of the brown sugar and the butter. Mix it well
- Transfer the blueberry filling onto the baking dish
- Evenly pour and spread the oat mixture over the blueberry filling.
- Bake for about half an hour, or until the berries become soft and bubbling
- Serve and enjoy (you can eat it straight or with a scoop of your favorite ice cream flavor or whipped cream)