The Margherita pizza is a traditional Neapolitan pizza originating from Naples, Italy. This is a widely popular type of pizza and it is so simple to make, using only the simplest and freshest ingredients. Best part about this pizza is feeling satisfied but not overstuffed after eating it.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
*Use prior dough recipe*
1 16oz can of peeled Roma tomatoes
1 tablespoon of salt
1 tablespoon of black pepper
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon of oregano
1 teaspoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of oil
1 cup of fresh mozzarella
1 cup of chopped, fresh basil
5 cloves of garlic
½ cup of olive oil
For the sauce
- Blend the tomatoes into sauce
- Add the salt, pepper, garlic, oregano, sugar, oil, and half a cup of fresh basil into the sauce
- Stir the ingredients
For the garlic oil
- Combine the half cup of olive oil and the garlic cloves in a small saucepan and let it simmer over a low heat for 10 minutes
- We will be using this oil to brush on the pizza as well as add some on top
For the pizza
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Take dough and place into a baking tray
- From the middle of the dough stretch it out slowly towards the edges of the tray, in a square shape, to the desired size
- Be careful not to stretch it out too much that it causes holes in the dough
- With a ladle, take sauce and spread from the middle of the dough out towards the crust in a spiral motion
- Cut the fresh mozzarella and place them in a 3X3 formation so that when we cut the pizza it will be in 9 pieces.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes
- Take out, take the remaining half cup of fresh basil and sprinkle it across the pizza.
- Drizzle the garlic oil over the pizza, cut into 9 pieces, serve, and enjoy.
Leave a Reply